Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My First Audition...

So yea, just got back home from my first audition I got sent out on by Bloc. 

FUCKING MADONNA WORLD TOUR!? GAH!!

Not gonna lie, the whole process of getting over the [common] audition "jitters" was easier than I thought it would be.  I think the whole idea of being there alone and having nobody to push me and motivate me but myself is quite uplifting. It's amazing the things a dancer will demand from not only their physical, but also their mental and spiritual when they really love what they do! If I didn't love it, nor plan on loving it more and more everyday like I do now, then I would never even think of pushing my body, mind, and soul.

ANYWAY...

Let me get to the point.  For my first BIG and REAL audition, I'd give myself a 7 out of 10.  There were of course times when I thought about just packing up and getting the hell out of that big hot ass room, but I realized I'd gain so much more if I stayed and busted my ass dancing to choreography that was somewhat out of my comfort zone. I've come to learn that it's not always about what I know and what I can be 'fierce' at, but what I can ultimately and undoubtedly learn...and I have to be open to different styles, not because that's what the industry demands of me as a dancer, that is what I DEMAND OF MYSELF! TO BE OPEN MINDED AND WILLING TO LEARN AND ADAPT!

Needless to say...Rich and Tone Talauega are GENIUS!

I didn't make it all the way through, but I enjoyed myself. Thank GOD, at least I enjoyed myself and didn't look like a complete and utter idiot. I'll write more later.

...and this post is probably the most boring shit you've ever read.

No comments: