Thursday, March 13, 2008

Left out in the cold...

It's 11:57pm on Thursday March 14, 2008. I just plugged in my Ipod Touch so I can avoid seeing the constant pop up window that says "10% Battery Power Remaning!" I really dont know what I'm going to write, nor the point of even signing on right now. I guess I'll just babble and dabble and recap the events of the past few days.

Wednesday-Woke up exhausted from Madonna auditions, the late night Starbucks run that involved the devouring of a platter of chicken, lamb, rice, and lettuce. Not to mention the enormous amount of that white sauce they provide at that little Halal stand at 53rd and 6th. And yes, I will admit, me stealing an enormous bottle of it did not make any sense whatsoever. Of course i had to top off the night by drinking 2 "Naked" brand Protein drinks, yumm all grainy and shiiii...

SOOOO

Back to Wednesday, woke up exhausted [AND] LATE for work, AGAIN! Luckily I work with probably some of the most loving, generous, and chill people ever that someone [coughMELcough] came in to cover for me [while they were sick as HELL] until I got there and relieved them. I have to say, of all the jobs I've ever held, this one is a KEEPER! Never in my life did I expect to ever become passionate about working in the DENTAL FIELD! You really get a sense of how much your work is really appreciated when you hear the stories of some of these patients [and I use the term patient loosely. Seems more like being visited by a relative sometimes with how friendly the people act.] and they come out of the operatory with a new "grill" and can't stop saying "Thank You." It's the little things yo, forreal, little things make my ass wonder why in the hell GOD made it that we only live a certain number of years. I'm satisfied knowing that I poured the mold for that persons denture, I held the gauze for the plaque to go when their teeth were being scaled, I suctioned the water and saliva out of their mouth when they were getting a filling. BLAH BLAH BLAH, BLAH-ZAY BLAH BLAH BLAH!!

Anyway...
Then I had Juniors practice, YES I LOVE MY KIDS! Today was one of 'those' days, one of those GOOD days at practice. Not that any day with my kids is bad, but it was definitely one of the more memorable practices. These kids really know how to make you just let go of having to be a hard ass all the time and laugh sometimes. [Not that I'm a hard ass all the time, nor most of the time for that matter]

THEN I head home, to Barnegat a.k.a South South Jersey a.k.a Middle of Nowhere. To make a long story short, I had to take a bus to PABT in NYC, get on the GSP Express to Toms River, then WAIT more than an hour IN THE COLD for the 559 to Atlantic City so I can get off at my stop and WALK in the COLD up Route 9 and through the DARKNESS to finally get home at 1:30AM. Yes, you're probably like OMG that's so late, but I'm used to it. When you love and miss someone and want to make things work, you learn to sacrifice in hopes that they would do the same for you. After that night, I'm not too sure the actions I take to see a certain loved one would be reciprocated. Not because of a lack of time or anything, but because of laziness and the ever so common selfishness. Whatever, it's whatever. I'm finally happy I'm getting the recognition for getting my life together and knowing what I'm doing with it.

For once in my life [ok, maybe not once] I don't feel as though I'm just being left out in the cold...
not about life, love, friends, GOD, or anything for that matter! Could it be that I am actually acting like an adult?! WTF! I'm only 21, nikka pleez!! =)

NOTE TO SELF: I hate Loans! And the person who thought of deducting money from your paycheck! GAH!

No comments: